Cocorosie- Lemonade

Wednesday 19 October 2011

18. 5 sections from my video

I have planned 6 main sections of my video, sections that add interest and variety to my video. I have created a storyboard for each. My story only follows a vague narrative structure, however there are strict themes that relate each shot to eachother, for instance light and dark are a recurring theme throughout, as Cocorosie talks of dark experiences and her dark past in her song, and I want to show the contrast of this.
This shows one of my editing techniques, a graphic match, using different coloured lemonade glasses. On top of this the clips have been sped up, to show the ice melting, and the movement of the straw as a result of this.
My video plays largely with the elements 'light' and 'dark', here we see the contrast between the light an dark. The lemonade stand is shown, using a simple shot, however is lit with torchlight, picking out certain elements of the boy and the stand to focus on. The same 'lit up' technique can be found later on in the track as well, on numerous occassions.
Here is another play on light and dark. A close up of the sparkler will be used to show light, moving to a bokeh effect, blurring the light. A long shot will be used to introduce the characters and there role 'holding the light'.
This is one of the main scenes, as it plays over the chorus. Although it is shot in a light open setting, it seems scary as the props I will use are these large masks, blurring the lines of reality. A graphic match will be used to show the mask and the lip sync.
Another play on light and dark. A dark screen will be shown, then will suddenly be lit with headlights, the camera is inside the car. As the car begins to move slowly, the camera stays still inside the car, until the lemonade seller comes into view at the side of the road. The car will then noticably stop, the headlights will click off, returning us to darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment