Cocorosie- Lemonade

Wednesday 12 October 2011

16. Key Elements- Check List









DEFINE KEY ELEMENTS
To conform to my genre of 'Freak Folk'
1. Interesting costume, to match the feel of the song, costume must be planned to stir up emotion, whether it be fear, laughter, confusion or wonder.
CHECK?
2. Must have some form of narrative, however vague it may be. Narrative must be in some way associated with the lyrics and ideas of the song.
3. Editing must be closely matched to the beat of the song, in order to create a sense of unity between video and track. Interesting editing is preferable, eg. stop motion, graphic match or fast/slow motion.
Below: Example of excellent fast motion...
Yes Yes Yall In from Do it for the girls on Vimeo.

To conform to expectations of my Audience
1. Must be 'different' to other music videos, whether they are in the same genre. Must have an element of something never done before. In editing or in the ideas presented.
2. Must contain an element of mystery and individuality, which is why I have chosen characters that hold these qualities.
3. They want to see something that they have never seen before
4. They want elements of shock, so I will use editing techniques, surprising, weird storylines and characters to create this feel.
CHECK?
5. It must be somewhat relatable to my audience, so I must dive into history and pick out artefacts that have worked before in music video with audiences similar to my target audience. This includes the MISE EN SCENE- I will use interesting costume, such as frill shirts and chivalric jackets, as well as the large masks. To add reality to the surrealism.
6. The cinematography must be eye catching and exciting, must conform to either of the extremes, very exciting and witty, or dull and sombre, to appeal to my audience members.
7. Editing must be quick and quirky, to the beat of the song giving a sense of timelessness.


Like this video below, by DoitfortheGirls Productions.














Secret Someones from Do it for the girls on Vimeo.

What is expected in my video

CHECK?
1. Must conform to what my audience members want, so I will tick off everything above to conform to them., even if my target audience is a very slim selection of people.
2. The video must do justice to the track, so the editing must be directly in time with the beat of the song.
3. The costume must be quirky, this counts with the props too, as they all make up a majority of the atmosphere in my video.
4. There must be aspects of reality in the video, so that the audience can relate to it. This is why I am using normal everyday scenes, such as the lemonade selling stand, mixed with the huge masks to combine realism and surrealism to create a postmodernist approach to prop and costume design., surprising, weird storylines and characters to create this feel.


Costume will mixing between eras, like this, giving an underlying sense of far away reality




No comments:

Post a Comment